Thursday, February 03, 2005

Beer and La Bamba

What a fun day it was today. I attended a beer Thursday today for the first time in months. I did what I could to get people to change their everyday routine and stop in to have a few and bullshit with the rest of the group. There wasn't a huge turnout today, but there were enough to make it fun. Garrett even showed up. He drank water. I was very proud of him.

So, after sitting at the bar for three hours, I made it out of there without even having a bar tab. The three beers I had were paid for by "the guys" which was very nice for me. I hadn't drank in five months or so. I did pretty good then, all things considering, I didn't even get drunk. It was a lot of fun. Felt good to get together again.

Then, after Garrett made sure I could get home on my own, we went home and picked up Ivan. We went to this new Mexican restaurant in town. The menu seemed to have fewer selections than I was used to, but this guy came up to the table and played the guitar and sang to us. Garrett even played something. The singing Mexican guy came back and played a slower song for me and Ivan. I got to snuggle up to my honey while the guy serenaded us.

All in all it was a good day! I like good days. They are so much better than crappy days.

Even though Daisy (my dog) ate my baseball hat.

All is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home