Monday, April 04, 2005

Most wonderful weekend EVER!

I'm back from Leavenworth. It was heavenly. The Bed and Breakfast we stayed at was run by two wonderful people. Bill and Kathy. They were a retired older couple with a love for mother nature and each other.

We get to their house and the first place they show us is the kitchen. Wow! What a view from their kitchen window. The river and the mountains were absolutely breathtaking. We got to know them a little bit and then they showed us... gasp... our room.

Our room was stunning. The windows gave us the same view of the river as the kitchen, the bed was HUGE! It was as tall as my belly button, and the wide as I am tall. I could sleep on it comfortably the wrong way! In the corner of the bedroom was a whirl pool tub. Had ten jets in it. Very deep. I'm going to put some pics of it online soon. There was a gas fireplace in the room... Very romantic. The bathroom had a bedet in it. Now that was weird to use. Tip for all the ladies, always check the water temperature before you rinse. Trust me here.

The shower was my favorite. There was a CD player on the outside. We picked one of our favorites and got in. There are two shower heads. Push the button one goes on, push is twice the other goes on, three times, both go on. There were eight sprayers on each side of the shower to spray your body. My favorite was the waterfall. This little seat (one on each side of the shower) and water falls down on you kind of like a waterfall. Then you can push the steam button. Fills up the shower with hot steam. Cool off by letting the cold water run down on you. It was amazing.

Between the bath tub and the shower, this is the cleanest me and Ivan have ever been.

Then there was breakfast. I'm telling you those two can cook. Fresh fruit sorbet, home made cinnamon rolls and some sort of Bavarian main dish. Coffee, fresh squeezed juice, the whole deal. Great way to start the day. You need all that fuel if you are going to go wander around all the shops. We waited till Sunday to buy anything. Didn't want to spend all our money before we saw it all.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. An anniversary Ivan and I are sure not to forget. I highly recommend going to the bed and breakfast we went to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home