Sunday, August 07, 2005

New house blues?

Well no, not really blues. Just being a little pissed off at the moment.

We went out to the house Friday after rushing home from work. We wanted to show the roommates and the boyfriends little sister the house before they took off for the weekend. Little sis was really excited about seeing the place, roommates kind of protested a little and drug their feet.

We finally get everyone out to the house so we can show it off and share how happy we are. Boyfriend and I were standing at the window checking out the view when he looks at me and says "They're doing it."

Confused, I stare at him for a minute when it all sinks in. Boy roommate went into the bathroom to change out of his work clothes so he didn't have to drive in them for 6 hours. I thought girl roommate was checking out the house.

Guess I thought wrong.

Now this house is brand spanking new. We will be the first owners of this house. The night we get the keys, we were planning on bringing an air mattress, some candles, a bottle of wine and some fruit. We were going to "break in" the house that night.

Seeing these plans go up in smoke, I pound on the bathroom door and start hollering at them. Stomp around the house and slam the doors for a few minutes being all pissed off.

Boy roommate finds me stewing on the back porch. He talks to me to find out why I'm pissed. He tells me that they were fooling around and hadn't gotten to the doing it part. Apparently me screaming at them through the bathroom door killed the mood. He says he's sorry and didn't even think about that. He understands where I'm coming from.

I laugh a teary eyed laugh and say that I know it sounds funny that I wanted to be the first one to do it in my brand new house. He reassures me that it's not funny and he is totally sorry. That they didn't even get to the good part.

I sigh. He really is a good guy. At least he came over and talked to me. He apologized and understood me. No point in being pissed off for too long. I forgive him, we hug, we move on.

I join the rest of the group on the front porch. We start talking about the house some more. I realize girl roommate isn't any where to be seen. She was hiding. No apology, no asking me why I was stomping through the house, nothing.

Still mad at her for her total lack of disrespect.

4 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Mary said...

And rightful so to still be pissed at girl roommate! No excuse for her behavior one bit! Thank goodness you yelled and pounded on the door and ruined the "mood"!

Hope you completely enjoy your first night in your new house!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger welder girl said...

You guys are all right. With all the stress and emotion that goes along with buying this house (especially since it's my first one) the last thing I need is a jeleous roomate.

Thanks though, for all the support and positive words. Love you all!

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd still burn a little sage to clear out the vibes from the thoughtless and inconsiderate little SOBs… just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home