Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Girls Rock!

Ok so one day my truck starts spewing oil all over the place. As I was driving down the road it was literally spraying down the whole drivers side of my truck. I would have to stop every now and then and add some more oil just to make it home safely.

Then I park it in the driveway and that's where it sat for quite some time. I had been bugging boyfriend and my guy friends for quite some time about getting it fixed. I don't believe in paying someone $90 an hour to do what my friends can do out of the goodness of their own hearts.

Well every time someone made plans to work on my truck for me, they bailed on me. My beautiful truck was sitting there, wasting away while weeds grew around it.

Well enough was enough. I knew which hose it was that was gushing oil out. So, feeling very empowered, I arm myself with a set of tools and got to work. I took apart pieces of my truck to make room for me to get to the broken hose. Took the broken hose off with only one small mishap. I forgot that there would be oil coming out of the hose when I took it off. Got the stuff every where.

After cleaning up a little, I took the broken hose, marched into NAPA and said "I need one of these."

Got my new part. Took it home. Put it in. Put the pieces I took apart back together. Added oil. Done!

I can't believe I fixed my truck while not knowing what the heck was going on. The only thing I had was faith in myself.

It was awesome watching the guys check out my handy work when they got home. They kept looking for oil leaks or loose bolts. Checked my oil level to make sure I got it right. I just stood there with a smug look on my face. I was secretly glad they double checked me, I don't want to be stranded any where or anything, but it felt so good when I got told I did a good job.

YAY!

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger welder girl said...

oooohhhh. I love yard art. Dream of mine to own my own shop and do yard art.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home