Thursday, April 28, 2005

Yes, I am alive

I know I haven't written in quite some time, but when you haven't written in a while, you almost feel guilty about it and avoid the whole blogger thing. Thus making it so it is even longer till you write again.

But, have no fear, I am back. I will probably be back more now that I have broken the whole not writing streak.

It was a good day today. Work went well. I got all kinds of stuff done. I did find out however, that I get laid off on Friday. I'm fine with that because when I was hired on I was told I would only be there for a week. I got two weeks out of them. I also have this class I'm going to take in two weeks. If I took time off work to do this class, I wouldn't get unemployment. Since I got laid off, I get to get paid to go to school.

I started politicking today. Made my first call for my new move in sheetmetal. At our next Union meeting, I'm going for more phone numbers. If everything goes my way, I'll have a job by the time my next class is over.

This new line of work is going to be a lot easier on my body. I'll still do sheetmetal, but I'll just be making the air do what it's supposed to do. Make sense? This way I won't be breaking my back while installing duct work. Also the companies that do testing and air balancing are REALLY busy right now. The four major companies are all working overtime like crazy. That's why the hall is holding the class. To get more qualified people out there.

Wouldn't that be nice, go from being laid off to working overtime. Talk about a shock to my system. I'll have to continue doing more classes (night classes) but in the long run it will be worth it. And I'll still get paid what I've been getting paid. Wages are the same.

Woo-Hoo!!!

I'd like to put out a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister. It was yesterday. But when I talked to her she, she was slightly intoxicated. She might not have remembered I called.

SO.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home