Sunday, August 14, 2005

Princess Tammy

Yesterday, boyfriend and I went to this renaissance fair to go watch my favorite Auntie get married. Everyone was even dressed up in renaissance costume. I had a somewhat princess type dress on.

It truly was a beautiful ceremony. It wasn't your traditional wedding where the bride and groom get all fussied up and march down an isle. It was held outside by this little creek in the shade. (shade being important because it was HOT outside.) There was a group of people that were part of this inner circle. We all had our auras cleansed of negative energy with sage. Once we were purified, we formed our circle.

Part of the ceremony included calling upon the elements of the North, South, East and West. They symbolism earth, water, fire, and wind. (I think, I'm close on that any way) deities each took turns calling them into our circle for the ceremony. Everyone who was part of the circle held hands to complete the circle.

Then the lady who married them tied the not (seriously) around their hands. It was really cool and touching at the same time. I got teary eyed during the wedding which doesn't surprise me.

After the wedding, we all went to the ale house for a couple beers. After that we watched some jousting and some sword fights. The fair was so much fun. Exhausting because of the heat, but fun. The costumes were outstanding. I could have happily sat in the shade and just watched people for hours.

I'm really glad my Auntie had this type of a wedding. I had no clue how much fun these types of fairs are. Plus her wedding was extremely unique and suited to them specifically.

4 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger welder girl said...

The fair I went to last week is still going on this weekend. Should be fun.

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man.. Cool blog here! I'll make a note of it in my browser.

But while I'm at it -- I've got a question for you...

Have you been on a vacation lately... If not then I
would invite you to have look at the caribbean vacation travel cruise site. It pretty much covers caribbean vacation travel cruise related stuff. Hope you find this useful.

Come and check it out if you get time :)

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger BULLSEYE said...

We have not succeeded in answering all of our problems - indeed, we have not completely answered any of them. The answers we have found have only served to raise a whole new set of questions. In some ways we feel we are as confused as ever, but we think we are confused on a much higher level about more important things.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Portland Tribune' As Public Square?
Despite the various and sundry protestations from those who have managed to actually remain ... , California Marriage Ruling Nearly Irrelevant To Oregon ...In 2003: 'Oregonian' Turns To Weblogs
Nice blog site, really cool!

I have a child bullying site/blog.

It pretty much covers child bullying related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home