Wednesday, August 17, 2005

John Hancock

The other day boyfriend and I signed some more papers on our house. By some I mean a million.

Seriously.

There were four stacks of papers we had to sign and return to our mortgage company. By the end of the signing expedition I realized I was leaving out letters from my name trying to hurry and finish scratching out my John Hancock.

We also had to gather up an additional million pieces of paper work to prove that we have bank accounts, 401 k's and are not alien life forms from another planet. I spent hours copying papers. Used up almost all of our printer ink.

BUT WE GOT IT DONE!

We'll probably have one more set of papers to sign until September 9th when we close with the escrow company. Then we are home free.... Literally.

Boyfriend and I have decided for at least the first two weeks, we are staying at the house by ourselves. That will give us some time to unpack our stuff, decide where things are going to go and DO IT IN EVERY ROOM IN THE HOUSE before our roommates even get a second chance at trying to ruin it for me. I've already had one roommate ruin the christening of something important. I don't want it to happen again.

Other than that, I saw a lot of really good friends today that I haven't seen in quite a while. I saw a lot of the crew from the jail job I worked at. We all went out and had beers together today. After beer and conversation, we went over to a different friend's house for dinner. We had a blast. Their little girl was the sweetest little thing in the world. Made me want to have one of my own someday.

On that not, before I get all carried away, I should probably sign out. I can sense some weird emotions inside me right now.

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger welder girl said...

I'll post pics as soon as I take them! Can't wait to move in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home