Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I don't give a f*** who you are!

Today I went to that theatre to do some welding. Got that special call. Well the very first thing my crew says to me is to not leave any tool unattended or not locked up. Apparently there are some people who have no conscience on this job. They have no problem grabbing some poor hard working mans tools and taking them either home or to a pawn shop.

BASTARDS

How does someone look themselves in the eye knowing that they took something that someone else needs to make their money with. Typically men (and women) in construction are the main bread winner in their families. Having to go out and buy new tools means that there is less bread to bring home. I hate those type of people who think that this is ok.

Anyway, I am at work and with this warning fresh in my head I'm keeping an eye on my tools while I'm fixing something on the floor. Some strange guy wanders up to the scissor lift that I'm using and starts pawing through my tools.

"Hey, get out of there!" I yell at him from about ten feet away

He must not have heard me so I yell again,

"Hey, leave my stuff alone!"

He hears me this time. He turns around, gives me a dirty look and says "This is not your stuff"

"As a matter of fact, yes that is my stuff and you have no business going through it."

"Well I'm Brian, and I'm the director of safety on this job. I need to inspect your fire extinguisher. You can't use it if I don't approve it."

He says this with some f*cked up tone of superiority.

So I stand up to my whole 5' 6" and I look him directly in the eye. "I don't give a f*** who you are, you have no business going through my sh**. If you want to look at my fire extinguisher, ask me. Just because you are director of safety (said very sarcastically) doesn't give you permission to go through my stuff."

"Well I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot then. I'm Brian by the way." He reaches out trying to shake my hand.

I was tempted not to shake his hand and blow him off, but I thought better of it. I shook his hand, told him my name and let him know which company I worked for. I then told him something or other about working way too hard to buy these tools and I would hate to see them disappear.

Frickin jerk. I wonder if he is going to watch me like a hawk making sure I don't break any safety rules. Good thing he doesn't know I"ve been on a safety committee for the past year on the jail project, and I could have picked out more than a dozen violations that I'm sure OSHA would love to hear about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home