Sunday, August 21, 2005

Putting the past behind us

Last night Boyfriend and boy roommate went out shooting in the woods. Being all manley and talking about boy things. So girl roommate and I decided to go out and do some girl things. It was actually quite fun.

During the course of dinner we got to talk about a lot of things. Get them all "aired out." It was really good for us. She seems to really understand that this house she is moving into is MY house. I will be the female in charge of decorating and furnishing. I will be the queen bee here. She is a tenant renting a room from us. That is all. She has no say on anything.

I must have been especially clear on such things these past few weeks. She would suggest something or ask something about the house and I would either correct her suggestion with how things are going to be or I'll inform her of what I've decided.

Boyfriend doesn't care too much about how the place is decorated. He doesn't care too much about the whole moving process other than the fact that we get to move into our own house. That gives me free reign.

Our house has 4, yes that's right, 4 bedrooms. The master bedroom is huge. We are renting out two to the roommates. That leaves one more room. I thought that turning it into a guest room would be the most logical thing. Boyfriend told me that I get to turn it into my art room. That way I'll have some space to work on my scrapbooking, and practice using my sewing machine. A place to put all my hobby stuff.

I guess that when we have guests over we can move the futon into it (so yes Jenn-ay, you will have a private place to stay). But in the mean time, that little chunk of space is mine. *Picture me jumping up and down, spinning in circles in the middle of an empty room*

Three weeks from yesterday we sign the paperwork and get possession of the house!

1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger welder girl said...

Jenny~ I thought you'd like the sweets. I'm sure we could set up a corner for you in the garage. Right next to the litter box.

Gypsy~ Oh yeah they're expensive. I've been shopping around and the sticker shock was.... well just that... shocking. now as soon as I learn how to use that darn sweing machine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home