Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The town I moved to is a very small town. Part of the reason why I chose to live there. Wanting to far enough away from the city to be away, yet close enough to do my shopping "in town."

Well for the first time since I moved in, I did my grocery shopping at the small family grocery store here. I have no idea why it took me this long, but I'm glad I stopped in.

I saw several customers run into each other there and greet each other with friendly hugs and huge smiles. They all stopped for a few minutes to catch up on what was happening.

This store is pretty small, but it had everything you could need. Just not twelve brands of everything. The producer was incredibly fresh. There are so many farms around town that there is a good chance it came from one of those farms. The employees wore their regular clothing, not a uniform.

I got winked at by an old lady who caught me smiling at everyone. It felt so good to be a part in such a small close nit community. I can't wait till I start meeting people. Until some one runs up to me in the store wanting to chat and catch up on stuff.

Just being there today left me with this good happy feeling the rest of the day. Knowing I made the right decision moving into this house.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the exact reason why I want to live in a small town community. I like going out and recognizing people.

I used to live in WA, too. My dad would call sometimes when he had to work out of town, and he'd say "I'm insultin'." (in sultan) As kids we found this very entertaining.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger welder girl said...

Insultin! That's too funny. I'm going to steal that and use it just so you know.

Thanks for the comment. I'm gunna check out your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home