Friday, November 25, 2005

Wowiee~ Drunken turkey fest and family reunions

Well the title pretty much says it all. We did Thanksgiving at my new house this year. Had lots of people over: my mom, my dad, Uncle Wado, Sister, brother in law, 4 nephews, 2 nieces, brother, boy roommate, good friend Cowboy and his wife. A whole bunch of the future in laws too: Future father in law, mother in law, sister in law, brother in law, niece in law (is there such a thing?) brother in law's wife (whom I've made great friends with). I know I've got to be missing someone, so I apologize now for the lack of recognition.

Anyway we had a stocked liquor cupboard. After a good breakfast, we set out the snacks that start the feast off. Started mixing drinks, and went on from there. The festivities went well on into the night, with tons of love, laughter and spilled drinks (oh well).

The bond my family and the in law family is already a strong one. I have no "monster in law" to fear. And for that I am thankful for.

Today was also an awesome day.

Since all the in laws are in from out of town, we wanted to show them Seattle. We went down to the Pike Street Market where they throw fish around. We went to the West Lake Center for the lighting of the tree. Rode the monorail over to the Space Needle and wandered through the EMP.

Why is it that even though I live here I don't do all these fun things until I'm showing someone around?

I just finished cooking up all the seafood we got from the Market (I did a kick butt job by the way) and I am thoroughly exhausted. Time for a bubble bath, some candles, and some solitude.

Tomorrow we go to the wedding place so I can show the family where we're getting married. Then I wish them all safe passage as they drive back home over the mountains. I'll be left with one day with an empty house to smile back at a wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home