Saturday, February 11, 2006

Back

I can't believe I've already been home from Florida for a couple weeks now. I have no idea where the time went, but that's how life goes I guess.

Florida was fricken awesome. I met Ivan's grand parents there. Ivan looks a lot like his grandpa. Hey, I know what Ivan will look like when he turns 75! His grandparents were awesome people. I really liked sitting down and playing cards with them.

We went to Kennedy Space Center. The nerd in me couldn't resist. I think it was my favorite place to visit there. That same day we also went over to Cocoa Beach. I couldn't be that close to the Atlantic Ocean and not see it. I collected shells while I was there to bring home to my nephews as souvenirs.

We also went to Sea World. I got drunk and almost puked on the Arctic ride that they have there. It is a bad idea to chug a beer then go on this ride that shakes you up. We saw the dolphin show, Shamu's show and the sea lion and otter show there. Plus we drank a lot of beer. I like Sea World.

Disney World was the third place we checked out. We opted to go to the magic Kingdom for the day. We used up two rolls of film there. It wasn't peak season so we were able to go on all the rides we wanted to. Space Mountain freaked me out a little bit. By the end of the day my feet were killing me. We got to see the fire works from the other side of the water. They are awesome. Next time we'll stay at the park until the fire works go off.

We got home from Florida at 2:30 in the morning. UGHH. But we went to work anyway. I think that must be why the first week flew by so fast. It was spent in a half awake stupor, just going through the motions to make it through the day.

The weekend after Florida was the crab feed. Something that our union's sheet metal contractors put on. For 35 bucks a ticket, it was all you can eat crab and all you can drink beer and wine. Plus there was the opportunity to schmooze with the bosses. After the feed, we all went downstairs to the bar where there was a live band and more booze. My boss bought me and my man all our liquor for the night. It was such a good time. I can't wait till next year's event.

The next morning, since we were so close to the ocean, we decided to take a drive out there. Well there just happened to be a storm that day. 75 mph winds. Waves hitting 20 feet tall. Sand blowing up in our faces. It was incredible.

This weekend I'm finally to relax and unwind. Well relax is not the right word. I've been scrubbing and sanitizing my house. It does feel good to have a clean house though. Soon all my laundry will be done too.

Next weekend my sister, her husband and me and my man are going to take a Ferry to Port Angeles for the weekend. No kids! Woo hoo. I have a kick ass surprise for my sis and her husband. I'll have to put that here later though.

All right now that everyone is updated, I've got to get back to my chores. That and I'm starting to get hungry. I'll post pics here from my vacation as soon as they get developed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home