Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Boredom

Ok so I was so bored yesterday I actually put one of those blogthings on my blog. I even spent an hour going from random quiz to random quiz trying to pass the time. Believe me... Some of them are really weird.

Today I refuse to do any chores. As a matter of fact, it is almost noon, and I'm still drinking coffee in my PJ's. Don't be shocked everyone, I did get up at 4 this morning to see the men off to work. Made them both breakfast, coffee and lunch. However, I've decided to appreciate my time off. Especially since it is supposed to hit 80 degrees this week. I'll be hanging out in the sun while my man and the roommate are both busting ass at work.

I have plans with my good friend Casey to go hang out for a couple days mid week in June. Something to help pull me out of the rut I've been in lately. After that week, I think I'll start making calls to random shops and try to get myself hired on. Being a girl has it's advantages and dis-advantages. Some shops want nothing to do with me at all. There have been shops in the past where I don't make it past the secretary to even talk to the shop foreman. I don't want to work in shops like that any way.

Other shops will bring me on just because I'm a girl. I was working out in the field helping build this new jail close by where I lived. I was hired there because of my welding skills. Well at this company's Christmas party, I was dressed up like a girl, and I met the shop foreman. Shop foreman took one look at me in a skirt and immediately decides I should work in the shop. I was eventually pulled away from my job at the jail, having to leave behind a foreman who respected me and my work. I didn't really feel like I "fit in" at that shop. Nothing really to do with my gender, I think it was more my attitude and my desire to do things "my way." I wasn't too sad about getting laid off from that shop. I was sad about leaving the respected foreman behind. But in our trade there are plenty of opportunities to work together again.

I think my girl anxiety is what has kept me from finding a job on my own. Instead I sit and wait patiently for the Union Hall to call me up. I just know that while I'm not working, I feel bad. Then overcompensate by making my life boring.

NOT ANY MORE!!! Ha ha ha ha ha. I'm going to get a tan. One that doesn't need to be paid for!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home