Sunday, May 22, 2005

Orange you glad I didn't say banana again

Well, I've been pretty busy these past couple of days. I haven't really had that much time to sit and think about how I've been feeling. I did get some good advice from my sister. She thinks I need to call all sisters for a girls night. That way at least I can center myself and find a good starting point. So:

CALLING ALL SISTERS. CLEAR YOUR CALENDAR. WE NEED A GIRLS NIGHT!!!
Keep me posted and we will all set something up.

It's been a couple of really good nights with Ivan. Garrett went out of town this weekend so we had the house to ourselves. We babysat my niece Brianna Friday night. That was a lot of fun. Ivan is going to make a very good dad someday. He helped put her to sleep by rocking her and singing to her. I was sitting in the living room, hearing him sing to her in the bedroom, and my heart melted. He told me Friday that he is looking forward to having kids someday. Someday being sooner than later. Two years or so.

We went out to dinner last night. We've been trying to hit all the restaurants in Snohomish. There are some horrible restaurants in town. Last night it was some sort of English restaurant. Kind of spendy, kind of not. The restaurant was in the back of a store that sells trinkets, and what not. It was one single room. The room was awesome. It had a big dome ceiling, painted to look like the sky. The walls were painted up to look like the country side. A very nice atmosphere.

We order our food and this is where the orange from the title comes in. I order this citrus chicken. BAD IDEA. My original thought is how bad can it be. It has to be better than kidney pie.

WRONG!!!

My food comes and there is this huge pile of rice and four tiny cubes of chicken. Great. Now I'm going to starve. I dig in with relish trying to make my pile of rice smaller. As the food hits my tongue, it freezes there. My eyes start to water. I look around desperately for a place to spit my rice out.

Who ever heard of orange flavored rice? It had a weird spice to it too so I couldn't eat it fast and get it over with. The chicken was equally orange flavored. The peas and carrots on the side were tainted with the same orange flavoring. Thank god I only had four measly chunks of chicken. I ate those up real quick, pushed the rice and carrots around to make it look like I ate some and prayed the waitress would come and take my plate away soon.

To make matters worse, the chef decides he wants dinner and sits down at the table next to us. So all the funny faces me and Ivan are making to each other had to quit. The waitress comes, takes our plates away and we order dessert. I stick to my favorite: Cheesecake. Ivan gets something the waitress suggests to him. Bad move on his part. His tasted like it was made with hard alcohol. Really cheap hard alcohol. My cheese cake looked store bought and was absolutely wonderful.

So $50 later, I'm a little sick to my stomach from all the citric acid, both of us are still hungry, we head out to go find a burger joint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home